Pardon me while I burst



You live, you learn


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today I am officially half way through my college degree. I know, I know...who knew I would've made it this far. But the truth is that I did and am very happy about it. The reason for my happiness is that I've made it so far without changing my major. I ended up doing fine in my second ECE class and I actually think I'll be able to handle it from now on.

What surprises me is how fast this year went by. It feels like it was just last week when I moved into Harrison apartments along with all my friends. We were so excited to have so much more room to live in and having our friends as our neighbors. We were so proud of the view from our apartment (which we had to fight for initially.) Some of the highlights of last year include listening to my mp3 player on my way to classes, watching movies late at night on weekends, studying all night in big groups before exams (never worked for me), getting beat up randomly, commiting to a regular gym schedule for the first few weeks of a quarter, celebrating Navratri, dance practices of ISA & IAA shows, making fun of other Indians in the community, getting beat up some more, preparing for MCing for the Diwali show, playing guitar for a band that doesn't know how to be a band, Asian philosophy class with radhika, having snowball fights, shocking mike in the ear, taking hip hop class with mike and vidhi and radhika and johny, going to India after three years, getting Hepititis A and losing 15 pounds, getting beat up again even after the drastic weightloss, not having a computer for a whole damn quarter (i studied everday though), deciding to grow my hair (u know it looks hot), History of Rock N' Roll class, watching the first season of 24 everyday after class, playing cranium and LOTR trivia, World Music class, social dance class with adip and andrea and nicole and kavita, getting beat up every now and then, 35-cent wings every tuesdays, photoshoping neil in front of garbage (coming soon to your favorite blog), and the list goes on...

Of course there were also the times when you didn't get along with someone and there were fights and arguments and misunderstandings and all that jazz. But that's what being in college is all about!

I must say, however, that there wasn't much partying during Spring quarter. That would explain my not-so-horrible grades too. Overall, I had a very constructive year. I learned so many new things and met some great new people and got so much more involved.

Now it's time to relax for about a week before summer classes begin. I'll be taking a math class, stats, history and a design class. Need to be frikkin done with math. And of course I'll be watching an average of two movies per day. Damn excited for Batman Begins (June 15) and War of the Worlds (June 29). It's gonna be a fun summer!

Some notes on the side:
1. Keep visiting to find out more about Neil's time-traveling adventures!

2. This video (made by Mike) pretty much sums up my sophomore year.

3. Look out for Cedar Point pictures coming up next!

4. Enjoy a couple of pictures:



Wouldn't have made it without these pappu's





Mood: Nostalgic
Music: KK - Yaaron


0 Responses to “You live, you learn”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Favorite Links