Pardon me while I burst



Dream on


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The best part about sleeping is having a dream. Be it an intimate fantasy or a bone-chilling nightmare, I absolutely love dreaming and remembering them the next day. Sometimes it's surprising how vividly I can recall a dream. I still remember the nasty appearance of a witch I used to have nightmares about right before coming to this country. I remember the exact sequence of events that lead to that nightmare every night when I was scared.

I came across this really cool website about lucid dreaming which explains in detail what it really is, how to practice is, the advantages and disadvantages of it. I found out that I've been a lucid dreamer for a long time, I just didn't know about it. I even found out that those of us who are aware that we are dreaming also have the ability to control our dreams. You just have to look for some cues and realize that you are in complete control...and then you can do anything you want. You can bend the rules of nature and start flying or go somewhere u've always wanted to go or do anything!

So a couple of nights ago I decided to give it a try when I was about to have a nightmare. The reason I say "about to" is because I was able to stop it from happening after recognizing some cues that I always have before having a nightmare. After realizing this was just a dream, I decided to take control of it and do something crazy. So I decided that I wanted to fly out of my room...and slowly I found myself floating off of my bed! My body started rising up and I headed for an opening in my ceiling. I finally reached out to get out of the room and I stuck my head out the opening to find a beautiful view of the sun shining over bright green hills. Just as I was about to get out of the room, my flying power started to weaken slowly and I landed up back in my bed. I got up remembering everything, and I couldn't believe that I was actually able to control it somewhat. This stuff apparently takes a lot of practice...so I think I did OK for my first time.

On the other hand, my dream from last night was more entertaining. I was on a coal train that was being hijacked by a bunch of dacoits (no idea where that came from...I think it's from thinking about the opening scenes of SHOLAY) And then out of nowhere...Batman came to the rescue!! His presence itself scared the dacoits away and the train was safe. But there was a bridge coming up ahead real fast and it was broken!! Right when I thought that we were gonna die, the train passed safely over the bridge. Soon after that, Superman flew in our compartment and I thanked him for saving us. Then, after a moment of awkward silence, I realized that Batman and Superman did not know each other. So I was kind enough to introduce them to each other. I told Superman about Batman's latest movie and then I told Batman about how Superman is going to have his new movie coming out next summer too! I think Batman got a little jealous after hearing that but that's ok cause I'm really excited! Speaking of excitement, today I opened up my computer case and stared at the inside for like 20 minutes imagining about how cool it will look once all the parts are in! Hopefully I'll have everything by the end of this week!!!

Anyways, it's time to go to bed and have some more dreams. Who knows, maybe I'll hang out with Spider-Man this time after I tell the Hulk to calm down. Or maybe, I'll end up in a phone booth on High St. and a cute girl will stop by again to say hi. I'll keep everyone posted...peace out!


1 Responses to “Dream on”

  1. Blogger nerdbabe 

    I find that it's easiest to control morning dreams- the ones you have between hitting the snooze button. Perhaps because people are in a slightly more conscious state at that time than at night? If you haven't tried morning dream control though, I highly reccomend it. I've had some of my best dreams at that time! :)

    Just be sure that you're not enjoying it so much that you don't wake up on time!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Favorite Links