Pardon me while I burst



lazy summer day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My exams are finally over and I'm officially done with summer school! I'm also done with my job if I choose to be...but I need the extra cash for my sweet-ass computer that I'm building. I haven't been so excited in a long time. I have almost all the parts and I'll start building it pretty soon!! It's gonna cost me a lot (~ $1500 including a nice lcd monitor) and some people think I'm crazy for spending so much for a computer. But it's something I've always wanted to do and now that I have finally made that much money I can spend generously.

Today I got up at around 4 pm after coming back from the Janmashtami celebration at the temple late last night. It's weird how you can feel peaceful at a temple even when you're agnostic. Maybe it was just cause I hadn't been there in a long time. I was feeling extrememly sleepy last night (since I had stayed up all night writing a stupid history paper the night before!) but I decided to go because I had never seen the janmashtami celebration they have every year. It was pretty interesting, they had live music which was cool, and there were a few middle-aged men and women dancing in the middle while everyone is waiting for midnight to celebrate Lord Krishna's birth. I was thinking how funny it would be to see someone who was not used to being in an Indian temple on a night like this. They'd probably look at it as cult meeting with people dancing in a trance.

It feels so good to be home during the summer. No worrying about getting up on time or where to go to eat. You can do anything you want, whenever you want and not feel bad about anything...a very rare luxury get these days. Too bad this summer is already close to an end. The leaves on some trees has already started to change. I gotta make the most of the three weeks of break (that means watch all those movies on my HD!)

Well it's time to go to bed and get ready for another lazy sunday. I might watch a movie and go to Best Buy to look at some DVDs and speakers. Maybe even go outside for some badminton or go ride my bike.

Some notes on the side:

  1. Listen to Kanye West's new CD
  2. RPAC opens on monday!!!

Mood: Relaxed
Music: The Doors - Summer's Almost Gone


0 Responses to “lazy summer day”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Favorite Links