Pardon me while I burst



Bees Saal Baad


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yes the rumors are true. The kid that was never supposed to grow up has turned 20. Ugh...I hate the sound of that. Something about that number that just makes me feel so...old. It's so weird to tell people that I'm 20 now. I never thought that day would come. For some reason I always thought that time moves on for others and not me. Suddenly I turn 20 one day and realize that I have a lot to figure out about myself than I thought. Is it just me or does it feel this crappy to turn 20 for everyone?

Just like the last two years, my birthday celebration this year was a lot of fun. Of course I was surprised by everyone at midnight. Now I must say that I was quite impressed even this time around. The tradition of birthday surprises was becoming kinda routine, and I really wasn't expecting anything extra-oridnary to happen on my birthday. But I'm lucky to have friends who were able to keep things interesting even this year. Here are some pictures from that night...

This delicious cake was made by Mike & Namrata, who meticulously designed it with Superman-themed cereal.


I was so close to avoiding this catastrophe. Oh well, I tried.


Everyone waiting for me to cut the cake.


The pie was dripping down my back, thanks to Mr. Schumacher.


Everybody say "awwww!"


Even Deepa was sad that I turned 20.


Payback


That's confetti in my hair btw...


"Rohit was there!"


You know we had to drink some alcohol!


20 and still lookin' good!

I hate how my birthday comes during finals week every year. Not that it stops me from celebrating or anything. I had lunch with my parents at Udipi, and later that evening, Ashwin and his friend Chris had stopped over on the way back from their road trip. We wanted to go somewhere new for dinner, so we decided to try Happy Greek down at the Gateway. We thought it was a fast food joint at first so we just walked in to get something real quick but realized that we had to sit down at a table and order food. The ambience was very relaxing, with a live band playing Greek music in one corner. There were people smoking hookas at the tables outside. There was even a bellydancer that night, and of course I danced with her. It was her first night and she did a really good job. She was even kind enough to give me her autograph. You can see it in these pictures...



And then Ashwin and Adip decided to make out in the parking lot.

After all that we were all tired and wanted to go home. I also had to study for two exams on the following Monday. Finals week was over, and I somehow managed to get a C in my writing class, where even my non English-speaking friends got an A. But I did decent in my other classes so it's all good.

A lot has happened in the last two weeks. Some of us have disunited temporarily while some permanently. Some hearts were broken while some were made. Some people have gotten jobs while others will still be in school. I happen to be one of those who got a job.

THAT'S RIGHT! I GOT A JOB!!! I'M RICH BITCH!! Well, not yet. But I hope to be by the end of this summer. I'll be an Electrical Engineering Intern at Campbell Soup Company. I got the call in the last week of school. It was quite a pleasant surprise. The best part about it is that I got it all on my own. No sifarish needed, and for once I'm proud of myself! I'll be moving to a little town called Napoleon, where half the people in the town work at Campbell. I visited the place yesterday and have a lot to say about it. But I'll leave that for another post. For now, I'll continue to mentally prepare myself for the imminent change of lifestyle that I will go through. Those of you who have told me to grow up, your wish might just come true after this summer! But until then, i'll be 18, err... 20 till I die!!


4 Responses to “Bees Saal Baad”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    you'll always be the baby to all of us, 20 years and all :)

    mr rich, i'm a gonna hit you up for a treat once summer is over!

    adip's YOUR boy! are you going to let ashwin steal him from under your nose??

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    this blog is getting stale

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i agree

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    well when are you gonna write about superman??

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Favorite Links