Pardon me while I burst



The Only Living Boy In Napoleon


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well here I am. Having some tea in my little studio apartment. I was in a one-bedroom apartment for the first couple of days after coming to this town. There was no furniture in there, but I was catching my neighbor's wireless interenet connection, which was enough reason for me to stay in that one room the whole time. But this studio apartment is furnished and small enough for someone like me. I didn't have Internet for most of the first week, which once again reminded me what an integral role it plays in my life. I got a new phone last weekend but turns out that it's been imported from Singapore and doesn't work everywhere here. So I lost signal as soon as I left Columbus. Funny, as soon as I got Internet I lost my phone connection. So once again I've been kinda disconnected from everyone this week. But I've been using Skype to talk to people which has been working great. So if any of you get a call from a number that looks like "000 123 4567" or something like that, answer the call cause it's me calling!

Work is alrite. It took me a few days to get used to an 8-hour shift. The first week was kinda difficult for me because I didn't know my way around the soup plant and I didn't have any work to do, so it was really hard to spend 8 whole hours at work. Most of the time, I followed the other engineers around, trying to understand what the hell they were doing at the plant. But things have been picking up slowly and my work load is increasing so I've been actually looking forward to going to work. The people in my department are very friendly and they treat me as if I've been working there for a long time. I start my day in the cafeteria where we all sit and have coffee. We sit with this guy named Larry who works in maintenance. He has one of the funniest hick accents I've ever heard. He's a Bob Evan's lover, so we being our day by listening to his adventurous Bob Evan's stories. We also sit with him during our lunch break, where his stories continue. Everyday I look foward to having coffee breaks and lunch break because the people that I work with act like complete teenagers. I feel like I'm in high school again. Their language becomes a lot more casual and they all talk just like a bunch of young students. I don't even feel like I'm sitting with a bunch of married men, some of whom have been working there for over 2o years! So it's nice to see that people don't act that much differently even after being so old compared to me.

I thought I would get bored very easily in this sad little town, but so far it hasn't been so bad. I come back from work at 4:30ish. I immediately turn on my computer (are you surprised?) Usually I make myself some tea so I can relax a little bit. I try to to watch one movie everyday. This is the perfect time for me to watch all those movies that have been sitting in my HD for so long. Other than that, I go play basketball, read, play my guitar, or just call people. You wouldn't believe it but I go to bed by 10 every night! Still I'm usually tired at work, at least during the first half of my day. More proof that I need more than 8 hours of sleep

As far as entertainment goes, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing to do in this town. Even the people that live here go half an hour away to go shopping or see a movie. After living here for two weeks, I've gained so much appreciation for Columbus and Dublin. People say that there's nothing to do in Columbus, but they haven't seen Napoleon yet! There's so many things to do in Columbus, you just have to go out there and explore! I can't wait to go back to school in September. I'm going to make sure that my senior year will be my best in every way!

Well that's all I have for now. Will update later as I run out of ways to pass my time and start feeling lonely living out here all by myself. If anyone is in the area or driving by, I would love it if you dropped by to say hello. Check back for my review of Superman Returns. Yes I've seen it already and will be seeing it again this weekend. But will talk about it in my next post...


2 Responses to “The Only Living Boy In Napoleon”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hmm..looks like u are seeing that growing up isnt all that bad after all!! u can be kiddish all you want if u are mature abt things that matter!! :)

    oh...n what was that....you CALL people...whoaaa.....this is the first, Ankit Calling people...man u must be REALLL lucky!!!

    and you make tea regularly?!?! wow....didnt know you can make tea!!!!! when are we gonna get a taste of it???

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    this is the greatest news ever, now you can be in charge of making tea daily next quarter, i am so proud of you

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Favorite Links