Pardon me while I burst



Can't Sleep


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's hard to imagine...but I can't sleep! This whole week has sucked...just too much on my mind. Anyways, I figured what better way to utilize this time than update my blog!

Now that I'm finally done with my job, I have less than a week before classes start again. I'm so glad I don't have to work anymore. The last few days of work really sucked cause we were calling really old alumni. Most of them were in their seventies and eighties and didn't even remember anything about being in college. And since we were calling for money they were even grumpier than usual. But it's over now. It feels good to wake up and realize you don't have to go to work today.

So I finally watched the whole Man With No Name Trilogy that I bought on Thanksgiving sale two years ago! I can't believe I put it off that long! What a great movie experience. Ennio Moricone's score is still stuck in my head...especially the Ecstasy of Gold theme from the cemetery scene at the end of the The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. And of course there was Clint Eastwood being the most badass cowboy of all time! While I was watching I realized that you have to be really patient to watch these movies. There were so many scenes where people do nothing but stare at each other for like five minutes straight...and then they'll shoot each other in like two seconds! I can easily see most people get bored and fall asleep during those scenes. But those of you who have never seen a good cowboy movie I highly recommend this trilogy (ahem...Sonal!)

I built my computer, which is called "BIG RED" thanks to Mike. Had to go through a lot of trouble to get the thing to work. Computers can be so strange sometimes. I was trying to install Windows Service Pack 2 and it kept freezing in the middle. I had to uninstall it and reinstall at least five times! The cursor would just stop moving in the middle of the installation. I got so frustrated. Then I decided to try something different. I was just so desparate to get it to work that I was willing to try anything. So I decided to constantly move the mouse until the installation completed successfully. I have no I idea why I thought something so stupid like that would work at that time. I moved the cursor for twenty minutes and behold! It didn't freeze! The installation completed and I restarted and the computer was finally stable!

But then I had trouble with the DVD burner. It started making a weird clicking noise and stopped reading CDs. Luckily I had an old CD burner sitting around so I used that to install other software. I sent the burner back and hopefully I'll get it replaced for a new one. So right now there's no optical storage device in my computer. Today I put the lights in and organized the wires inside to make it look neater. I will post pictures as soon as I install a DVD burner!

Less than a week left before college starts! The excitement has started to kick in. This year is going to be so different with everybody else not living in Harrison. This year is also going to be the toughest as I will be taking my core EE classes. This fall quarter is my hardest quarter yet with 21 credits. It used to be 19 but I got an e-mail saying that I got into a piano class that I was waitlisted for. So I'm pretty excited about that since it's my ONLY fun class this quarter. All my other classes (3 EE classes, 1 History and 1 Geological Science) are just going to be a hell of a lot of work. It's going to be pretty interesting...

Well...I think that's enough for tonight. I'm gonna try going to sleep again. I'm sure eventually my eyes will shut.


1 Responses to “Can't Sleep”

  1. Blogger nerdbabe 

    YOU can't sleep??!! woah!! this sounds serious! :p

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Favorite Links