Pardon me while I burst



On upcoming (movie) events


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I went to see the new Harry Potter movie at midnight of Thursday, even though I had a midterm the next day. I felt prepared for the midterm so I didn't mind going. And I wasn't going to miss out on such a big movie event! I was gonna post pictures from that night when we were all waiting in line but Mr. Mittal beat me to it. Anyway, I was excited to go because we were gonna see it at Grand Arena Theater (which has THX certified screens!) for only $3! But I was even more excited for the previews because they were supposed to show the new Superman teaser before the movie. Sadly, the teaser never played. In fact, they didn't even show the latest King Kong trailer. How pathetic is that?! I got over it as soon as the movie started. I haven't read any of the HP books so I don't have anything to compare the movies to. But I thought this one was pretty good. I could tell that it was a bit rushed and there was something missing. But I really liked how they showed the kids behave different now that they've matured. And the best part was the visual effects. No, not because they were groundbreaking or anything but because they never stood out of the movie. The CG was even more improved this time and never during the movie did I feel distracted by the visual effects (unlike the new STAR WARS movies...ugh) After seeing this one I wish they had extended version of the HP movies. That would make the fans of the book happy.

After the movie was over, I started thinking about what's the next movie I can look forward to. Suddenly I realized that the upcoming year is FILLED with exciting movie releases!!!

First is this movie version of the classic children's book by C.S. Lewis. I'm very excited to see how Weta Workshop has brought the world of Narnia to life. Only thing I'm worried about is that it's made by Disney...


Yes it's about a giant angry monkey who falls for a beautiful woman, and yes it has dinosaurs in it. But I refuse to believe that you will not get excited after watching the trailer! Only 3 weeks left for this one!!! Can't wait to see how Peter Jackson has treated his dream project. Best of all...it's 2 and half hours!!


Directed by Steven Spielberg. 'Nuff said!

Winter break is taken care of. No interesting releases all the way till May when everybody's favorite squirrel returns on screen.


Everyone's read the mindblowing book. Now it's time to actually see it. I don't know how the hell they are going to fit everything in the movie. But I'm sure Ron Howard will do justice to it. And there's the promising cast (Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Jean Reano, Ian McKellen, and many more!)


X2 was frikkin sweet! But Bret Ratner is making this one. I dunno about that...


Directed by John Lassetter, this will be the last movie made by both Pixar & Disney. Talk about coming full circle!


And last but not the least, the most anticipated movie of the year...maybe even the decade!! The Man Of Steel will return to Earth (and on screen) after a long visit to his home planet of Krypton. The teaser kinda sucks but that's okay. From what I've seen on the video blogs, Bryan Singer is cooking up something very extraordinary. The big question is whether this new guy Brandon Routh will be as good, if not better, as the late Christopher Reeve. We'll just have to wait till June.



Wow that took a lot of space! These movie studios should pay me for promoting their movies! They probably won't, in which case I might have to encourage everyone to just download them instead. But these movies look too good for that. December can't be any farther...!


2 Responses to “On upcoming (movie) events”

  1. Blogger Karthik 

    Batman is better, because he's real.

  2. Blogger Adip 

    I am waiting for Cars!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Favorite Links