Pardon me while I burst



Shukar Hai Shukravaar Hai


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's finally here. I'm officially done with my internship today, after three long months. Probably the longest three months of my life. Back in June I didn't know how I was going to make it this far living in a sad town by myself. But it's over, and I'm glad that I went through it. It was an experience I desperately needed at this point. I'm not sure if I learned anything new about my field, other than how I wouldn't be happy with working in the manufacturing industry. But I guess that's what these things are for: to figure out what you don't want to do.

Apart from engineering, I learned quite a few things about myself, my interests, my friends, women, relationships, life in the real world, etc. Well, maybe not women. But I thought I'd share some of the important observations and lessons I learned over the summer:

- Always backup your data
- Always go through a test-run or a simulation before and after making changes to a system
- Pay attention on the road when driving
- Go slow when backing out of a parking space
- BS-ing is a good skill to have
- Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the greatest TV shows ever
- The Internet can get boring after a while
- Only share your views and thoughts with those that understand you
- Strong communication is an amazing thing
- Mo' money, mo' problems
- Keep your professional life separate from your social life as much as possible
- There is nothing else like being in college it in this world...enjoy it while it lasts!
- You don't have to appease everybody you know
- You'll rarely use all that stuff you learned in college
- Get over it
- Never give up

Obviously a lot of these will change over time. And just like all my posts, it'll be interesting to read back to this a few years from today and laugh at it. But for now, I'm glad that I've understood the value of my freedom and my experiences as a college student. And I never thought I'd say this but I just can't wait to go back to school to live the life of a disarrayed, procrastinating, buckeye donuts-loving, sleep-deprived college boy for one last time!


4 Responses to “Shukar Hai Shukravaar Hai”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    you do realize that 'get over it' and 'never give up' are kinda contradictory goals.. ;)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    "Only share your views and thoughts with those that understand you" That's a good one.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hmm...think you need to update as well!!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Update!!!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Favorite Links